Forums

Welcome Guest 

Show/Hide Header

Welcome Guest, posting in this forum requires registration.

Pages: [1]
Author Topic: If you wish the best of Black Diamond Log Splitter
LindaLi
Tree Puncher
Post If you wish the best of Black Diamond Log Splitter
on: January 2, 2017, 22:21

Before you accept Forest King Log Splitter affairs and body a splitter you are traveling to wish to accomplish abiding you are allotment the architecture that will be the best for your needs. Hydraulic log splitters chase a adequately basal architecture but there are some baby differences that can accomplish a big aberration in the way they work.

There are two above styles of hydraulic splitters and that is vertical and horizontal. A vertical splitter gives you the advantage of alive with your circuit abutting to the arena so you don't accept to lift them up on the plan table.

The disadvantage of this is you will accept to plan on the arena angled over or admiration down which can be afflictive and harder on your back. And afterwards the pieces are breach you may accept to bandy them out of your plan amplitude or lift them up to move them out of your way.

With a accumbent splitter you can plan continuing up in a adequate position. If you are architecture your own splitter you can accomplish the plan table so it fits your acme comfortably. Afterwards you breach the pieces you can just advance them off he table and hey abatement out of your way.

The disadvantage of the accumbent splitter is you are traveling to accept to somehow lift the circuit up to the plan table. For me it's account appropriation the circuit to be able to plan in a adequate position so I adopt the accumbent design. If the circuit are too big to cautiously lift I just rip them into a baby abundant admeasurement with a chainsaw.

If you wish the best of both worlds you can body a splitter that will calmly catechumen from accumbent to vertical. This is adequately simple to do by ascent the capital I-beam to a articulation so it can angle 90 degrees. I accept never done this back I don't acquisition abundant use for a vertical splitter but I apperceive some humans like them.

Building a Black Diamond Log Splitter can be a fun activity and they are not that difficult to body and can endure for a continued time if you body them right. I congenital 3 of them over 20 years ago and they are all still in bartering use today. Afore you accept your log splitter affairs just accomplish abiding you accede that there are differences in designs that can accomplish a huge aberration in the way they will serve you.

Pages: [1]
Mingle Forum by cartpauj
Version: 1.0.34; Page loaded in: 0.016 seconds.